Building Services Mechanic – Engineering Services
- Full Time
- Owen Sound / Markdale
- Posted 2 months ago
- Expire Date December 31, 1969
- Job Status PUBLISH
DEPARTMENT: ENGINEERING SERVICES
LOCATION: OWEN SOUND (2nd SITE MARKDALE)
UNION AFFILIATION: OPSEU – SERVICE
WAGE RATE: $29.743 – 30.450
Reporting to the Supervisor or Manager of Engineering Services, the Building Services Mechanic performs assigned operations and maintenance duties throughout the hospital facilities, according to policies, procedures, legislated codes and regulations, to support a functional, reliable, safe and comfortable health care environment.
- Ontario Certificate of Qualification as: Industrial Mechanic (Millwright), Automotive Mechanic, Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic, Operating Engineer, Power Engineer or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years recently demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, operation, maintenance and repair of complex building systems and equipment.
- Relevant electrical and mechanical trade courses and/or manufacturer training.
- General knowledge of other building trades and ability to work with hand and power tools to perform a variety of tasks.
- Ability and willingness to continually upgrade technical skills.
- Ability to work from oral or written instruction under minimum supervision.
- Ability to process own computer based work orders and maintenance reports
- Experienced and comfortable with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Committed to health and safety programs and continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to wear prescribed personal protective equipment, perform physical indoor and outdoor tasks, work at elevated heights and in restricted/confined spaces.
- Available for overtime, on-call, weekends and flexibility in hours of work
- Available to work from two home sites on a regular basis as required
- Valid Driver’s License and use of vehicle to travel to other hospital sites, as required.
- Recent satisfactory performance and attendance records
- Adherence to GBHS ‘CARE’ Behaviours (Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) and ‘LEAD’ Competencies (Lead by example, Empower, Achieve results, Develop others) and a commitment to a safe workplace free of violence and harassment
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at GBHS through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes
Apply online at the following link: https://www.gbhs.on.ca/ads/building-services-mechanic-engineering-services-404-23/